By definition, an empath is a person with the paranormal ability to apprehend the mental or emotional state of another individual. (*from Google)
Typical traits of an empath:
- highly sensitive
- highly attuned to other’s moods
- highly intuitive
- require alone time
- easily becomes overwhelmed in intimate relationships
- easy mark for energy vampires, like narcissists
- replenishes from nature
- highly tuned senses
- huge heart but sometimes give too much
*This list comes from chopra.com.
Other things to keep in mind…
- Some days are easier than others.
- We often show emotion even when trying to hide it.
- We are great listeners.
- We will share your emotions, from sadness and anger to joy and excitement.
- It’s difficult to watch some television and movies because we feel so deeply.
- We have big hearts and do without so others don’t have to.
- We need time to recharge. Time alone, time of quiet, time of reflection.
- We love fully.
- Some of us pick up on more than just expressed emotions. We feel tension and negativity.
- As a sensitive person, we sometimes feel things not of this world. We feel on many levels, spiritually and emotionally.